Subject: Re: 90s vintage DEC printers
To: Castor Fu <castor@geocast.com>
From: Chris <talon16m@hotmail.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/18/2000 00:09:05
on 7/17/00 11:58 PM, Castor Fu at castor@geocast.com wrote something like:

>> Keep it clean and well fed
>> and it'll last forever (like almost all lasers) :)  Wish I had me one of
>
> Totally off topic, but while cleaning up, I found an old Apple
> LaserWriter Plus and hooked it up.  Still works, though there
> is some ghosting on the drum.  I think it was purchased from Apple in 1986.

    Yep, we have one in my old High school's yearbook office. Can't remember
if it's a Cannon or HP engine. Three years ago we were still using the dang
thing to make out yearbook. It was slow as hell, but it had PostScript I and
it worked everytime. I think it's older than 86 though. My LaserWriter II NT
is 86' vintage. I think the Plus was about 83' or 84 IIRC.

    Chris