Subject: 90s vintage DEC printers
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofygoof.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/17/2000 18:56:14
what printers did DEC ship with the DECStations?  I seem to recall my
school getting a declaser 1152(?) along with a 5000/25 -- what else did
DEC offer in the way of print options around that time?  (Does anybody
have an options catalog they'd like to get rid of?)

digging through web searches I've come up with the following:

LN01    LN01
LN03    LN03
LN03R   ScriptPrinter
LN03S   LN03 ?
LN05    DEClaser 2100 (plus)
LN05R   DEClaser 2150
LN06    DEClaser 2200 (plus)
LN06R   DEClaser 2250
LN07    DEClaser 1100
LN07C   DEClaser 1152
LN07R   DEClaser 1150
LN08R   DEClaser 3250
LN08U   DEClaser 3200
LN09    DEClaser 5100

however, I have no idea what years most of these were available, what
kind of connections (serial, network, parallel,) they have, or what kind
of language (postscript, PCL, sixel/ansi/etc) they supported.  (what was
the LN03 language offically called, anyway?)

thank you for sharing your knowledge, oh keepers of obsolete DEC
hardware arcana.  :)