Subject: Re: PMAG-JA and AV01B-AA support (Re: TC bba audio problem on DEC3000/300)
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org, port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/16/2000 11:25:21
>> My 3MIN also has PMAG-JA (TX) framebuffer and PMAF-AA (DEFZA-CA) FDDI.
>> Does anyone work on these card?
>> (Especially PMAG-JA; I have no other FDDI card anyway)

I was donated PMAG-JA TC option card, and TX is one of supported
device by DECstation as dev/tc/tfb.c.

TX is two-framebuffer-in-a-single device, they can be manipulated
independently via distinct address space.  Two images are composed by
1bpp 'layer screen', like as having a hole showing true color live
video image on standard 8bpp X window world.  TX can be used as a
video frame capture card too, and ULTRIX provided a special IOCTL for
it.

I suppose the Rasterop chip might be used by some of sBus framebuffer
cards.

Tohru Nishimura