Subject: Documentation exchange with Linux pmax / alpha
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org, port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: None <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/07/2000 11:48:15
Hi.

Last week was the german LinuxTag fair. Some friends an I organized a
BSD booth where we talked to lots of people interested in *BSD and we
sold more than 200 {Free,Net,Open}BSD CDROMs... I demonstrated the
multi platform capabilitys of NetBSD with a VS4k60, DS5k240, HP/apollo
433t (hp300) and a MicroVAX II. The later was also very usefull as a
seat. Even Alan Cox was impressed by this. :-)

Karsten Merker and Michael Engel presented Linux/MIPS on some
DECstations. I talked with them and they are very interested to
cooperate with NetBSD developers. The main interest is exchange
of documentation. They have more docs as listed on
http://decstation.unix-ag.org/docs/, but only printed. They can scan the
docs and make them available if there is a need. Karsten needs docs
for the DS5k SCSI Adapter. Michael is seriously thinking about a port of
Linux to the DEC 3000 machines...

So if there is a interest on the NetBSD side mail me. I will establish
the connection.
--

tschüß,
         Jochen