Subject: Re: DS3100
To: None <wonko@entropy.tmok.com>
From: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@guildvax.guild.net>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/05/2000 18:09:19
it's complaining about the unterminated ethernet interface. you can
toggle the selector switch to the coax and stick a 50ohm resistor on it
to make it pass the test. it will then perform a rather slow memory test,
with a machine w 24 megs it will feel like forever.

> now all i need is a 10Base-T transceiver (one comming soon i hope) so i can
> netboot this puppy.
>
> related to not turning this thing off, every time i power it on it goes through
> the init sequence (prints ROM version, 7..6..5..4..3..2..) and then flashes
> double ? at me.  i have to push the little square reset switch and it boots up
> fine.

yeah this will work ok, though it would probabaly be good to verify that
the memory is okay (probabaly is, DEC stuff doesnt go bad :)

isildur