Subject: Re: DecSystem 5500
To: Christian Riede <christian.riede@security.kpnqwest.com>
From: Chris Tribo <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/05/2000 08:18:33
On Wed, 5 Jul 2000, Christian Riede wrote:

> Hi,
>
> anyone interested in a DECSystem 5500 with 64MB and two 1.3GB-DSSI-Disks
> for NetBSD developement? The System is located in Karlsruhe, Germany and
> I could arrange for network connectivity and an account on a system with
> serial port connected to the 5500's console port.
>
> Gruss, Christian Riede

	Heh, well unfortunately the 5500 has a double wammie support
problem. I haven't heard a lick about DSSI support on port-vax in some
months now, I can only assume that it has stopped. Last I heard there was
still debate as to wether DSSI was spoken on CI or MSCP or
something. AFAIK there is nothing for DSSI in port-vax or current, and
defnitely nothing for port-pmax.
	The other problem is that a PI Q bus driver hasn't been written in
to port-pmax yet. I don't think much can be done until someone moves it
over to pmax. If you attach some SCSI drives to it, it should be somewhat
useable though. I don't think pmax has SGEC ethernet support either. :(
Not that I'm saying no one would be interested, but as it stands, a remote
development system at this time won't be too helpful until some drivers
get ported over.

	Chris