Subject: Re: livingdead fans in DS5000/125 and overheating
To: None <tk97el12.technis.syh@technis.syh.fi>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/05/2000 11:36:17
On Wed, 5 Jul 2000 tk97el12.technis.syh@technis.syh.fi wrote:

> About the DS's overheating sensor: I got a message on the console
> running ultrix, something like this:  "system overheating,
> shutdown recommended" I don't remember the exact words. The machine
> had been running for perhaps half an hour (without fans!)
>
> Is this warning-feature implemented in netbsd?

	I don't believe so, though an 'envsys' device has recently
	been added which supports some environment monitoring hardware
	on at least the i386 port, and it would probably not be that
	hard to support the decstation hardware if someone had the docs..

		David/absolute
				       -- www.netbsd.org: No hype required --