Subject: My DECstation 5k/240 is dead?
To: list NetBSD-pmax <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Ulrich Teichert <ut@netsurf.de>
List: port-pmax
Date: 06/28/2000 20:01:52
Hi all!

As I powered up my trusty DS5k/240 this evening, nothing happened.
After removing the cover, I saw that the fans were spinning up,
but only for a second or so, then they stopped again. The light
of the (useless) NVRAM board was flashing at the same time, but
nothing else happened.
This is a mystery for me, as the machiene has worked in exactly the
same setup (unused FDDI card, no frame buffer, unused TCE option
card, 288 MB RAM) before. It was standing in my room for a month
and shouldn't have rusted.

Does someone have a clue? Should I start to remove the TurboChannel
cards? Or should I start with the power supply?

TIA for all suggestions,
Uli
--
Dipl. Inf. Ulrich Teichert|e-mail: Ulrich.Teichert@gmx.de
Stormweg 24               |listening to: Speed Of Life (Buzzcocks),