Subject: Re: SCSI bus parity error
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-pmax
Date: 06/24/2000 16:24:12
Ahh, my 8mm tape drive is going crazy, I started wondering every sort of
causes which might results in panic down or kernel message;

  - drive needs head cleaning
  - the 8mm media should be disposed right now
  - SCSI cable is faulty
  - SCSI terminator is faulty
  - drive needs replaced
  - MAXINE hardware is going to die
  - xasc IOASIC DMA driver behaves wrong sometimes
  - MI ncr53c9x runs badly

I have another TKZ-15 drive and try it this evening.

Tohru Nishimura