Subject: Re: (Mosaic start) was lost backspace in xterm
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Tribo <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 06/22/2000 17:21:36
Heh, one of the students at my HS was one of the original Beta testers/
code hackers for 2.7b5 IIRC heh.

> That's really interesting.  I ran Mosaic a *heckuva* lot under Ultrix
> 4.3 on a DS5000/25, and *never* saw this problem.  Who says computers
> are deterministic machines?  :-)

	Did you have the ISDN/Audio server installed? I believe it was
called AFmaxine and was called from the rc script to
/usr/local/Audio/audio/AFmaxine with the comment "Starting audio server"
Unless you had that patch/package installed I don't think it would have
given you any problem. I still don't see how it caused an ISDN dma error
unless Mosaic was trying to address the audio device incorrectly; but
that's way OT.

	Chris