Subject: re: (Mosaic start) was lost backspace in xterm
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Terry R. Friedrichsen <terry@venus.sunquest.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 06/22/2000 13:39:58
Add the following line to your .Xdefaults to get your own home page at
Mosaic startup:

Mosaic*homeDocument:  http://myhost.fiddle.com

> Mosaic is generally pretty stable. Although I do remember it being the
> cause of every single crash under Ultrix 4.3 on my HS's DECstation.
> Something it didn't like about the ISDN software/hardware. It would
> always crash with ISDN_DMA_ERROR. Ultrix 4.5 didn't have the ISDN
> package, and I never tried Mosaic on it.

That's really interesting.  I ran Mosaic a *heckuva* lot under Ultrix
4.3 on a DS5000/25, and *never* saw this problem.  Who says computers
are deterministic machines?  :-)

Terry R. Friedrichsen

terry@venus.sunquest.com