Subject: Re: monitors on pmaxes?
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Adrian N Drury <drury+@andrew.cmu.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 06/22/2000 15:36:33
Excerpts from internet.computing.netbsd.port-pmax: 22-Jun-100 Re:
monitors on pmaxes? by NetBSD Bob@weedcon1.crop
> runup of Mozilla the gorilla.  I ran it up on one of my machines back
> a few months.... and it took days to compile.

Why bother compiling it? I've forgotten what version it is, but...
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/1.3.3/pmax/www/mozilla-19981008.
tgz

I grabbed it and used it on a 5000/240 with maybe 80M RAM a few months
ago. It was not fast, but it was acceptable. It was kind of neat to
watch it start up and keep resizing window components as it added the
button bars, etc :-) Speaking of starting up, it does take its own sweet
time; I seem to remember 15+ seconds to get a window on the screen.

Adrian