Subject: Re: Any browers for pmax boxes?
To: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
From: Chris Tribo <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 06/22/2000 14:10:44
On Thu, 22 Jun 2000, NetBSD Bob wrote:

> I was looking for a browser for my 5000/200 box.  I see only mosaic.
> Is that all there is?  What else is around for these boxes?

	Well, unless you want a real brainache and have macha disk space,
Mozilla is probably out. I've used Grail (what better name for a program
running on a scripting language called Python :-). It lacks JavaScript,
but does have some Java support IIRC. It's still in beta(?) but I think
it'll do you better than Mosaic in most places.

> System is NetBSD-1.4.2 pmax, on 17'' color monitor (pmag-b driven).

	A PMAGB-B can be had on EBay for about $8-$20 if your monitor will
deal with the sync rates.

> Also, anyone offhand know why backspacing is lost in xterm?
> It works fine in ftp on xterm, but is lost in the plain xterm.
> I assume something minor needs twiddling?

	The package Xmodmap(?) is a graphical keyboard mapping editor that
might fix your problem. Otherwise xmodmap (text based, but comes with X
IIRC) should let you fix keyboard mappings. There are also a few
replacements for xterm in the package collection that support color, TEK,
etc.; one of those might help you.

	Chris