Subject: Re: DECstation 5000/200 memory size detection
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Chris <talon16m@hotmail.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 06/20/2000 20:15:38
on 6/20/00 2:57 PM, Philip Tait at pjt@phxase.allied.com wrote something
like:

> Callum McKenzie wrote:
>
>> I have a DECstation 5000/200 which I recently acquired and installed
>> netbsd 1.4.2 on. The machine is in fact the merging of two machines, one
>> of which had a dead motherboard, consequently I have a mixture of memory
>> modules, 2x20M modules and 3x32M modules.
>
> I only knew of 8Mbyte (MS02-AA) and 32Mbyte (MS02-CA) modules.  Are the
> 20Mbyte modules MS02-BAs?  Just curious.

    No I don't think 20MB modules exist. There are revisions to some modules
though. I had three MS02-AA's and I think it was an MS02-BA. They are both
8MB modules, but the AA's have like 88 chips or so on them and the BA has
like 12. I don't think they made a revised CA (32MB module), I think that's
as high as they go. You might also have to take into consideration that the
AA's at least are interleaved parity memory modules, so you have parity for
each bank and 2x the total number for interleave. IIRC anway, I could be
totally wrong.

    Chris