Subject: Re: Ahh.... more 5000/200 funzies.....getting better....
To: emanuel stiebler <emu@ecubics.com>
From: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 06/15/2000 16:13:11
> Do yourself a favour, and get some active terminators.
> I sometimes had problems with new SCSI devices on old machines, and mostly
> they're gone, if you use the proper termination.
>
> One explanation i have: The newer devices have much steeper & faster
> signals, and the cables you're using are not made for this.

I will keep that in mind, but the drives were DEC issue drives in DEC
expansion boxes with DEC cabling, all dating from the mid '90's, so
I would not have thought timing to be a great problem, at the speeds
in question.  My suspicions would suggest it was probably poor connects
due to cable connector oxidation from sitting in storage for several
to many months.

Which particular scsi terminators do you find useful, or should I just
hit up the local cablemongers shop for whatever is hanging on the wall
racks?

Thanks

Bob