Subject: Re: Opening the case on a Personal DECstation...
To: Matthew Orgass <darkstar@pgh.net>
From: Peter C. Wallace <pcw@mesanet.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 06/14/2000 15:17:27
On Wed, 14 Jun 2000, Matthew Orgass wrote:

>   I just got a Personal DECstation off of ebay and can't seem to get the
> case open.  I took off the two screws at the top in the back and one near
> the power switch.  Is there something else that needs to be done, or is it
> just exceptionally stuck?
>
> Matthew Orgass
> darkstar@pgh.net

Its just stuck, you only need to remove 2 screws, but the back end of the
cover wedges pretty hard against the case sometimes... If it has the
standoffs on the back, you can hook your fingers on the standoffs and push
on the cover lips with both thumbs, that usually works for me...

Peter Wallace
Mesa Electronics