Subject: Re: Support for RX26 floppy drive
To: Chris Tribo <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu>
From: Christian Biache <biache@magic.fr>
List: port-pmax
Date: 06/08/2000 00:01:01
On Wed, May 31, 2000 at 19:16:11 -0400, Chris Tribo wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Jun 2000, Christian Biache wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > There seems to be no support for the RX26 drive of the 5000/25 in
> > 1.4.2... This is the only thing I miss from ULTRIX!
> >
> > Is anyone working on it? If not may be I can volunteer...
>
> 	AFAIK no one is working on it at present. I believe it was Andy
> Doran who mentioned that it's an Intel i8277(?) controller, and that the
> driver could just be stollen from the Sparc port. (This is all off the top
> of my head) It sure would be appreciated to write it in for pmax. Now if
> only there was a way to boot from the dang thing heh.

Yes it's a i82077... I'll have sthing working soon.

BTW This is a very common controller (used on PCs / alpha / sparc / ...)
and every port has a copy of approximately the same code, it would be
nice to have a common part with only separate match/attach functions.

What is the policy for major attribution? (same as ULTRIX?
i.e. blk = 48 and chr = 83)?

--
Christian Biache <biache@magic.fr>