Subject: Netbooting / -current kernel weirdness...
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: port-pmax
Date: 06/06/2000 11:23:47
Hi, all.

I just acquired a DECstation 5000/200, and I'm running it diskless, or
will be. My problem: I'd like to start tracking -current with it, but:

1) The kernel from the latest snapshot won't load. I get a message as
follows: ?IO: 6/tftp, a.out err (-2)

2) There's no pmax cross-build package obvious to me. (Are mipsel or
mipseb what I want, or are they something else entirely?)

I can get a 1.4.1 kernel going (didn't try 1.4.2) but that doesn't aid
me with the snapshot userland, and I don't want to load 1.4.x just to
painfully bootstrap into ELF and stuff.

Thanks in advance for clues as to what I should be doing. I'm fairly
unfamiliar with pmax hardware thus far, so clues are welcome. Do I need
some sort of a.out second-stage boot loader or something to load the
ELF kernel?

--
   Mason Loring Bliss   mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us              E w i g e
awake ? sleep : dream;  http://acheron.ne.mediaone.net  B l u m e n k r a f t