Subject: DS5000/200 woes
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Iggy Drougge <optimus@canit.se>
List: port-pmax
Date: 06/01/2000 11:44:32
Yesterday, I decided to boot my 5000/200 over the net in order to replace my
sadly defunct Maxine. I have removed the PMAG-B in order to use a serial
terminal. I wrote down the hardware address and noticed that the terminal was
set to "1". However, in order to force it into serial mode, I decided to
"setenv terminal=s". After that, the thing froze. I pushed the reset button,
the usual startup messages appeared, and the PROM prompt, too. However, it
didn't respond to any of my commands! I was thinking that I had lost yet
another PMAX, turned it off and went to bed (it was 3 in the morning). This
morning, though, it worked fine again. This makes me wonder a) what could have
caused this, and b) if this could have any relation to my Maxine suddenly not
replying to the terminal anymore.

On another note, I've bought my 5000/200 from the US, and one the back, it
says that it can be run using both 110V/60Hz and 220V/50Hz, yet it refuses to
start up using standard 220V current and 50Hz frequency, but works fine using
a modulator which cranks the current down to 110V but keeps the frequency at
50Hz. Is there any hidden switch which I've missed?

--
En ligne avec Thor 2.6.