Subject: Re: Support for RX26 floppy drive
To: Christian Biache <biache@magic.fr>
From: Chris Tribo <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 05/31/2000 19:16:11
On Thu, 1 Jun 2000, Christian Biache wrote:

> Hello,
>
> There seems to be no support for the RX26 drive of the 5000/25 in
> 1.4.2... This is the only thing I miss from ULTRIX!
>
> Is anyone working on it? If not may be I can volunteer...

	AFAIK no one is working on it at present. I believe it was Andy
Doran who mentioned that it's an Intel i8277(?) controller, and that the
driver could just be stollen from the Sparc port. (This is all off the top
of my head) It sure would be appreciated to write it in for pmax. Now if
only there was a way to boot from the dang thing heh.
	Kudus to whoever wrote up the Audio driver for MAXine if you're
reading this. I haven't yet tried it but it undoubtably beats no
sound! (even at 8kHz)

	Chris