Subject: Re: backup solutions?
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Nino Margetic <nino@well.ox.ac.uk>
List: port-pmax
Date: 05/29/2000 17:27:58
> NetBSD/pmax kernel had a major glitch for raw device access like R/W of
> tape or /sbin/dump of filesystem.  Please make sure to use 1.4.2 kernel
> on your 3MAX+, or even better, to use DS5000 kernel made from -current.
> Unfortunately, dev/scsipi/st.c would require a hand tuning to make any
> tape devices useful on DECstations (the issue should be solved soon).

*** Is this the reason I can't see my Sony SDT-9000 in NetBSD/pmax (1.4.2
release)? Namely, my DS5000/133 can definitely see the tape drive (cnfg 3
reports back tz5) but kernel (both generic and my own) report zilch..

Also, I am having difficulties with /sbin/dump (dumping to either a local
or a NFS disk) - it just hangs at random points in random filesystems...

--Nino