Subject: Re: serial console
To: Josh Davidson <dogtoy@ductape.net>
From: Secret Asian Man <cchen@nougat.org>
List: port-pmax
Date: 05/23/2000 04:57:46
On Tue, May 23, 2000 at 06:46:05AM -0500, Josh Davidson wrote:
> Ater I set it to 9600-N81, will it just appear on the screen without me
> typing anything?

Well one thing you might want to check is your flow control. Fun with DEC and Sun boot proms has taught me that you can never twiddle your flow control settings enough. Disable/enable hard/soft flow control and see if it helps. Also, you might want to follow the instructions on the NetBSD/pmax FAQ concerning building a mouse terminator, removing the framebuffer and other sundry things. I use the "printer" port as my serial, but other people do other things.

Good luck!

cc

--
Christopher Kyin-hwa Chen <cchen@nougat.org>