Subject: Re: mySQL on pmax (was Re: Postgres, and mips question.)
To: Nino Margetic <nino@well.ox.ac.uk>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: port-pmax
Date: 05/17/2000 10:47:43
On Mon, 15 May 2000, Nino Margetic wrote:

> > >   Also a semi-related question. Does mySQL work on NetBSD/pmax. Probably
> > > an equvilant question is "do pthreads work on NetBSD/pmax?"
>
> *** I suppose I should have answered this one: client part of mySQL is
> available as a precompiled package on your closest NetBSD archive server:
>
> nino una:/home/nino > uname -a
> NetBSD una 1.4.2 NetBSD 1.4.2 (UNA) #0: Thu Apr 27 17:38:28 BST 2000
> root@una:/a/krka/export/NetBSD/src/sys/arch/pmax/compile/UNA pmax
> nino una:/home/nino > pkg_info|grep mysql
> mysql-client-3.22.32 MySQL, a free SQL database (client)
>
> If you try to make the server package you get the message that the package
> doesn't build on pmax...
>
> So (for the benefit of those who missed it first time around :-), I'll
> repeat my original question for the gurus out there - is there any chance
> of mySQL server building on pmax (ever) or is the pain (of porting) just
> too much to bear??

	I would guess its down to someone getting the necessary
	infrastructure for thread locking working on the mips port -
	the same issues would apply for NetBSD/hpcmips, NetBSD/arc and
	NetBSD/newsmips.

	Is anyone looking at getting unproven-threads working on mips?

		David/absolute
				       -- www.netbsd.org: No hype required --