Subject: Postgres, and mips question.
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Michael J. Bedy <mjbedy@mtu.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 05/13/2000 22:34:17
  I'm tring to compile postgresSQL on my 5000/125. On one file, it says
something about the assembler needing the -mips2 flag to allow a certain
opcode. (This is 1.4.1, btw)

  I could not find any documentation on that option, so I manually tacked
-Wa,-mips2 on the compile line for that file.

  My question is, did I just generate an object file that has an illegal
instruction for my R3000 processor? If so, any hints what I could do to
fix it?

  Also a semi-related question. Does mySQL work on NetBSD/pmax. Probably
an equvilant question is "do pthreads work on NetBSD/pmax?"

  Thank you,
    - Mike