Subject: LSI Logic
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Tribo <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 05/10/2000 14:12:52
LSI Logic created the ATMizer II+ device with an ATM Processing Unit
(APU) based on a CW4011 MiniRISC CPU core, to meet both
flexibility and performance requirements. The MiniRISC CPU core delivers
160 MIPS peak performance (110 MIPS sustained) when operating at
80 MHz. The embedded MiniRISC CPU is compatible with R3000 and R4000
32-bit instruction sets. Special instructions have been added to
the MiniRISC CPU to facilitate easy implementation of ATM rate algorithms.

  Grabbed this exerpt from LSI's web page. Who's ready to make an 80MHz
R4x00 compatible upgrade card for DS with daughtercards :) I wonder if
it's pin compatible with the SOT R3x00 CPU on my PDS 5000/25 hehe. Simon,
Tohru, how would you guys like an 80MHz R4x00 core that can probably do
twice the MIPS of what you're using now. Hehe, just some food for thought!

  Chris