Subject: PMAD-AA & Firewalling
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Steffen Liebstueckel <Steffen.Liebstueckel@hadiko.de>
List: port-pmax
Date: 05/01/2000 15:39:46
Hi Folks !
2 weeks ago I got a DEC 5000/125 and Iīve put in a PMAD-AA which is
recognized as le1 by the system. Then I set up a file:
ifconfig.le1 that contains the following:

inet 172.20.52.124 netmask 0xffff0000

After a reboot the ifconfig -a command says:

le1: flags=8822<BROADCAST,NOTRAILERS,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
             adress: 08:00:2b:1b:56:fb
              media: Ethernet manual

The Interface isnīt set up correctly, what have I done wrong ?
When I type:

ifconfig le1 inet 172.20.52.124 netmask 0xffff0000

the interface is set up and runnig.

When I want to build an ipfilter, what have I to do additional to set up
the filterrules in ipf.conf ?
Routing ?
Other things ?
Thats not clear in in the IP Filter Based Firewalls HOWTO !

--

Ciao,
      Steffen.