Subject: Re: LK-501 & KN02-CA v2.0m MAXine problems in 1.4X
To: Toru Nishimura , <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Tribo <talon16m@hotmail.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 04/25/2000 23:03:22
on 4/25/00 9:03 PM, Toru Nishimura at nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp wrote
something like:

>> On powering it up again, all the NVRAM contents had been
>> erased and the system time was reset.
>
> It's the common symptom when kernel mistakenly marched through its
> address space writing and littering garbage value.  I have no clue
> why it happened this moment though.

    OK, I don't think I2C should be able to cause that normally... Would
building a kernel with debugging support be of help? My Maxine is chewing on
a 1.4X build under a 1.4U kernel right now.

>> Then I booted to single user and found
>> that if I typed moderately quickly, keys would double repeat, instead of ls
>> it would be llss and so on. However in singleuser and multiuser text login,
>> keys don't endlessly repeat. When I start X they do.

    Is this strictly an I2C problem and it's "safe" to use 1.4X on 3MAX+, or
is this yet unknown ?

    Chris

--

Murphy was an optimist.