Subject: Re: PMAGD-AA Graphic Adaptor
To: None <johnam@kemper.org, port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-pmax
Date: 04/16/2000 16:25:29
>> PMAGD has SFB+ ASIC, the son of a successful 2D accelerating SFB ASIC.
>> PMAGD has cousins of PCI version named TGA and TGA2 found in
>> alpha/i386/mips arena.  Check and see TGA Xserver and video console of
>> NetBSD/alpha.
>
> Sorry to bother you on this again...
>
> Since this card was for the 3000 (alpha) yet it is TC based, will it work
> in a DECstation 5000/240?

Yes, it does.  All TC cards can work either DEC3000 and DECstation.
It's somehow amazing to know that each TC card has ROM code written
in R3000 MIPS.  Reality is DEC3000 SRM ROM monitor has MIPS binary
program interpreter inside...

And my HX+ is designed to work for NetBSD/alpha and NetBSD/pmax.

Tohru Nishimura