Subject: FW: Configuring kernel for pmax
From: Chris Tribo <talon16m@hotmail.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 03/22/2000 23:40:49
--

Murphy was an optimist.

----------
From: Nathan Dushman <nhd+junk@andrew.cmu.edu>
Newsgroups: comp.unix.bsd.netbsd.misc
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 15:32:01 -0500
Subject: Re: Configuring kernel for pmax

The simple solution is to edit the Makefile and remove -Werror.  The error
you're getting is not at all serious (it's actually a warning) and could be
ignored.  However, kernel code is supposed to compile without any warnings
or
errors, so when compiling a kernel, the compiler is instructed to treat all
warnings and errors as errors with the -Werror switch.  Try removing -Werror
from the Makefile and see if you get any further problems.  Also, you might
want to send a copy of your config file, along with the error you're seeing,
the port-pmax mailing list so that someone can take a look at it.

Alternately, a quick fix in the source code would be to replace the line
 char *cp; (line 754, in /usr/src/sys/arch/pmax/dev/dc.c)
with
 #if NRASTERCONSOLE > 0
 char *cp;
 #endif

I don't know enough about the pmax configuration to know which configuration
option would set NRASTERCONSOLE to be greater than 0, which would also solve
your problem.

Finally, try upgrading to the just-released NetBSD 1.4.2, and see if it's
been
fixed in that version.

Nathan