Subject: Re: Can't make xcdplayer2.2 work on a DEC 5000/240
To: Pierre Bergdolt <Pierre.Bergdolt@alcatel.fr>
From: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.msu.montana.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 03/14/2000 10:48:59
On Tue, 14 Mar 2000, Pierre Bergdolt wrote:

> I just can't make xcdplayer work on my DEC 5000/240.
>
> when running it:
>
> xcdplayer -device /dev/rz4c
>
> I get the following result:
>
> ioctl(cdromreadtochdr):  : Invalid argument
>
> Does anyone have any idea where this problem come from??

  This is coming from the lack of SCSI ioctl support in the rz disk
driver.  The rz driver uses a different method of doing direct SCSI
commands.

  There is experimental support for the "machine-independant" SCSI
in -current.  You would need to get the current sources and build a
kernel with that support.  I don't know if anyone has tested xcdplayer
with this yet though.

--
Michael L. Hitch			mhitch@montana.edu
Computer Consultant