Subject: Re: DECstation 3500?
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@shagadelic.org>
List: port-pmax
Date: 03/09/2000 17:57:48
On Thu, Mar 09, 2000 at 08:50:30PM -0500, Chris Tribo wrote:

 > > OSF/1 *did* run on the DECstation, tho DEC never released it.  They had
 > > full DECstation support in the Digital UNIX source tree through 4.0B,
 > > even.
 >
 >     I don't suppose that would have an ISDN/Audio & FD driver we could
 > creatively aquire would it? ;-)

Heh.  Amusingly, I don't have 4.0B anymore, so I can't really check :-)

Though, the ISDN/Audio thing is a no-brainer -- it's the same hardware
as is already supported on the SPARC port .. just a different DMA engine.

It's also the same as on TC Alphas.

Floppy is a little harder...  Does anyone know what sort of floppy chip
they used?  I think the IOASIC has a DMA channel for it, right?

--
        -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@shagadelic.org>