Subject: Re: New MI SCSI on 5000/200 - Resend
To: None <apriebe@gmx.net>
From: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.msu.montana.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 03/08/2000 14:30:51
On Wed, 8 Mar 2000, Andreas Priebe wrote:

> > > PS. Can I build a kernel which supports both new and old SCSI schemes?
> >
> >   You can build a kernel that will use old SCSI for the 3100 (SII driver)
> > and MI SCSI for the 5000/* machines.
>
> Thats what I ment. I was unsure about what to comment/uncomment in GENERIC
> to use the new code.

  All you should need to do is to comment out any items referring to 'asc'
and uncomment the items referring to 'xasc' plus the
#include "arch/pmax/conf/mi.scsi", which defines the scsibus* at xasc?.

> I am not sure, but I vaguely remember some missing symbols on my
> first kernel compile attempts so I decided to comment all asc and
> oldscsibus things.

  The original commit of the MI SCSI stuff did not allow for including
rz devices (old scsi) with the xasc devices.  I removed that restriction
on March 3.

> Thats why I asked.
> What configuration file exactly use the other testers for the MI SCSI
> on 5000/200?

  I've been using the GENERIC config file with the oldscsi and scsi.pmax
stuff commented out, all the xasc and mi.scsi stuff uncommented, and some
additional xsii configurations for the 3100.

--
Michael L. Hitch			mhitch@montana.edu
Computer Consultant