Subject: re^2: pmax interrupt problem solved
To: None <email@example.com>
From: Terry R. Friedrichsen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 03/08/2000 10:11:37
FWIW, I just finished rebuilding the MI SCSI kernel on my DS5000/200 with
the patch I posted earlier.
Let me make that more clear: I am running a kernel with my patch, and
rebuilding the entire kernel from scratch while running the patched kernel.
Why? Just as a sort-of torture test of the patch and benchmark of MI SCSI.
Under old-style SCSI, building a kernel from scratch took 2 hours and 36
Under MI SCSI with the patched interrupt dispatch code, building a kernel
from scratch took 2 hours and 11 minutes, so this is a significant improve-
Michael Hitch wrote, regarding my patch:
> I had already commited a similar fix yesterday, but I'm going to change
> it a bit now that I understand what the code was attempting to do.
Hmmm - my sup run at 1 a. m. didn't pick that up; I'll be anxious to see
what you come up with. I thought about getting fancier with the switch()
statements, but since what I wrote was already faster than the existing
code, I didn't bother.
Terry R. Friedrichsen