Subject: re: New MI SCSI on 5000/200
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.msu.montana.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 03/07/2000 16:16:54
On Tue, 7 Mar 2000, Michael L. Hitch wrote:

> On Tue, 7 Mar 2000, Terry R. Friedrichsen wrote:
>
> > Jason Thorpe wrote:
> >
> > > I haven't tried since the interrupt establish code was changed.  I suspect
> > > that might be broken on the 5000/200.
> >
> > I think this conjecture may be correct; the SCSI autoconfiguration sets up
> > the xasc? devices and then defers configuration of the "children" until
> > after interrupts are enabled.
>
>   And I'm quite very certain of this now:

 And even more so now.  In dec_3max_intr(), the interrupt bits are
extracted and masked to get the active interrupt request.  They are
then dispatched in two switch statements - which will work as long as
there is only a single interrupt active in the group of interrupts in
each switch arguement.  If two or more interrupts are active, the switch
statement will fail, and the interrupt will not be processed.

--
Michael L. Hitch			mhitch@montana.edu
Computer Consultant