Subject: re: New MI SCSI on 5000/200
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Terry R. Friedrichsen <terry@venus.sunquest.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 03/07/2000 14:24:25
Andreas wrote:

> I just made a 1.4U with the new pmax MI SCSI code kernel from todays sources.
> It booted fine [ on a 5000/200 ] into single user mode.

This is very odd - my 5000/200 will not boot into single-user mode with the
MI SCSI code.

After configuring the SCSI controllers xasc0 and xasc1, it configures sfb0
and then hangs forever, every time.

The very first MI SCSI kernel I built worked, but it hasn't worked for me
since around time time of the kernel reorganization (though I wouldn't go
so far as to suggest a causal connection).

Are you using a serial console?  Or do your keyboard and mouse work?

I'd appreciate it if you could mail me your configuration file so I can
double-check mine and see whether I've simply done something dumb there ...

Thanks.

Terry R. Friedrichsen

terry@venus.sunquest.com