Subject: Re: loading via tftp
To: Simon Burge <simonb@netbsd.org>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 03/02/2000 05:16:28
> > Dunno. I gave up on netbooting mine and used 'dd' on another machine to
> > put the diskimage.gz file onto a disk. The 240 booted from that just fine
> > (although I had to give it the -N flag or it crashed in some icky fashion)
> > and I was able to use the installer to set up the disk for real.
>
> Ick - do you have any more details on this?  Maybe this is something
> that might need a mention in the release notes, but I've not seen that
> sort of behaviour on any of the boxes I've tested the diskimage on...

Well, I just tried 'boot 3/rz1/netbsd -a' with my installation and it was
fine. Unfortunately this will have to wait until 1.4.2 leaves me alone and
I have time to finish putting this guy together (including a reinstall on
a bigger disk).

BTW what the heck is -N for? I don't recall the pmax FAQ having anything
to say about it.

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com