Subject: Re: Unable to create a CCD
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-pmax
Date: 03/02/2000 10:32:17
> I've been trying this on a fresh install of 1.4P:
>
> ccdconfig -cv ccd0 8 0 /dev/rz0d /dev/rz1d
> ccd0: 2 components (rz0d, rz1d), 1681528 blocks interleaved at 8 blocks
>
>	[ ... using ccd ... ]

If you have IOASIC DECstation (3MIN, MAXINE and 3MAX+), you could switch
to MI SCSI system.  Check and compile "DS5000" configuration in conf/.
I'm using 6 member ccd in BA350 chasis, and sometimes run all of 7 disks
simultaneously.

There is the room for SCSI performance boost for IOASIC SCSI.  When
"NEWSPL" (light weight interrupt mask) project is well done, IOASIC
SCSI driver would have "chained DMA" to squeese maxinum hardware
performance.

Tohru Nishimura