Subject: Re: Video and keyboard
To: 'pmax' <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Peter C. Wallace <pcw@mesanet.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 03/01/2000 15:35:56
On Wed, 1 Mar 2000, John A. Maier wrote:

> I was just wondering, where can I get the DB-15 -> Keyboard-mouse
> connector?  I have several DEC keyboards and I have a VSXXXX mouse
> (hockey puck).

I have several if you need one...

> Also, is the video output of a DECstation 500/240 PMAGB-B signal
> compatable with the PC VGA video signal?  If so, where would one get a
> converter?

	It will work with some Super-VGA monitors that do sync-on-green.
This includes many older 17 and 19" multisync monitors with BNC inputs. It
also works with my Sony 17" "17SFII" for example. Dont know where you get
the 3W3 to HD15F adapter though... Probably easier to find an old
workstation monitor with BNC inputs and the standard DEC video cables...
	If you have a PMAGB-B, it will work with DEC VRT16, VRT19, VR320
and also HP A2094A and A1097A. If you have a PMAG-B it will work with DEC
VR290, VR297, VR299.

> John A. Maier
> Kemper Military School and College
> Director of MIS