Subject: bootinb via tftp + possible error in installator
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: None <admin@cordef.com.pl>
List: port-pmax
Date: 03/01/2000 13:32:41
Hi friends!

Last night I tried to do something that I did last lots of time ago:
tried to boot Decstation 5000/20 via tftp. And my question: I remember
that the only installator I made to work was this from 1.3 NetBSD: so
why some installation kernels boots fine, some don't (a.out error (-2)
or (-5)). Any scheme? This machine has 2.0 prom.

And the second question. I noticed, that if I choose to see the contents
of installed packages during installation, installation isn't successful
- computer reports, that filesystem is full (it doesn't make any sense -
there is some hundreds of MBs free). I noticed this on pmax and also on
i386? Is it any kind of error in installator? I'm talking about 1.4.1
version. Of course when I choose not to see the contents, everything
works fine.
Regards to all

Andrzej Wojkowski