Subject: Re: pmax mi scsi
To: Erik Bertelsen <erik@mediator.uni-c.dk>
From: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 02/25/2000 09:35:40
> Now that the dust about hanging pmax'es have settled, I'd like to give
> some kudos to Toru Nishimura for bringing the MI SCSI driver into the
> pmax world (at least the 5000 part of it), cf:

> NetBSD 1.4T (S2) #0: Thu Feb 24 22:20:52 CET 2000
>     erik@sockdev.uni-c.dk:/usr/src/sys/arch/pmax/compile/S2
> DECstation 5000/133 (3MIN)

Is this likely to cure the 5000/200 scsi spurious interrupt problems I
have been having?  IFF so, could someone maybe roll a snapshot of 1.4T
and stick it in the arch/pmax/snapshot section?  I really would like
to retire Ultrix on my 5000/200, in favor of NetBSD.  I think there
are several of us with 5000/200 machines that could benefit.  I had
1.4P up for a while, but those interrupt errors finally killed the
machine, and it was back to Ultrix.....(:+{{.... I need the current
line because it is what supports my PMAG-C video.  Sort of catch-22.

Thanks

Bob