Subject: Re: Incorrectly determined root partition in latest kernel
From: Simon Burge <simonb@netbsd.org>
List: port-pmax
Date: 02/24/2000 14:22:10
NetBSD Mailing list wrote:

> Now, with regards to the console setting of bootpath, what is the resolution
> for having NetBSD properly recognise the kernel booted for kvm_mkdb?
>
> 	-471 auto: rz(0,0,0)netbsd
> 	kvm_mkdb: rz(0,0,0)netbsd: No such file or directory

This was fixed in the bootblocks in early December last year.  Now I
get:

	mona:pmax/compile/MONA 13> sysctl machdep.booted_kernel
	machdep.booted_kernel = net

whereas before it would have been something like "3/rz0/net".

You'll need to upgrade your bootblocks (just /boot.pmax really).  Note
that the latest snapshot on ftp.netbsd.org was built two days _before_ I
made the bootblock changes.  For the impatient, I can mail/ftp/whatever
a boot.pmax to you.  For the curious, you do _not_ need to upgrade your
kernel - just the bootblocks.

Simon.