Subject: DECstations, follow-up: PrestoServe
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Kalisiak <kalisiak@hotmail.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 02/23/2000 14:16:16
Hello again,

   I was wandering around the NetBSD site, looking at both the pmax and
Alpha ports, and I noticed the following:

Hardware the we do not currently support, but get questions about from time
to time:
[...]
PrestoServe NVRAM on DECsystem 5100 and 5000/2xx machines
[...]
Note the primary obstacle to support of all but the very last item is
non-availability of sample hardware for development.

If anyone is interested in developing support for the PrestoServe NVRAM
card, and has a compatible system, drop me a line.

I have 2 or 3 of them to spare (I have to check my stack), and could send
one your way by first class mail (within the US; we'll have to work out
overseas shipping) if you are willing to let me know of any significant
progress.

If there are more responses then I have cards, I will send an email to all
interested parties and ask the group to discuss this amongst themselves to
determine who would be the most appropriate to receive them.

   [To recap, I was referred to this email address by Matthew N. Dodd
(winter+ebay@jurai.net), who suggested that there may be interest in some
DECstations I am looking to sell.]

Thanks,
Chris