Subject: Re: Incorrectly determined root partition in latest kernel
From: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.msu.montana.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 02/23/2000 12:55:48
On Wed, 23 Feb 2000, NetBSD Mailing list wrote:

> FYI, booting is exhibited as: boot -f rz(0,0)/netbsd

  Whoops - now I think I see what is going on:

  The bug in the code was extracting the boot device information if it
started with "rz(", but did *not* have the correct format for the rest of
the string.  It was taking the '/' as the partition, which resulted in -1
as the partition value.  That would be masked to 7, which corresponds to
'h'.  The old parsing code looks like it would have accepted rz(0,0), and
defaulted the partition to 0, which is partition 'a'.

  Try using rz(0,0,0) in your bootpatch and see if that works any better.

--
Michael L. Hitch			mhitch@montana.edu
Computer Consultant