Subject: Re: need help tftp boot pmax
To: Bill Tedeski <btedeski@home.com>
From: Chris Tribo <talon16m@hotmail.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 02/19/2000 20:50:24
on 2/10/00 7:59 PM, Bill Tedeski at btedeski@home.com wrote:

> I need help trying to tftp boot my decstation 5000/200,
> I have tried serveral files but I am not able to get a clean boot,
> the files have been unzip with the dos verison of gzip (v 1.2.4)
>
> some images seem to begin to load but then the system reboots after the
> download.  Any ideas as to what to try next?
>
> The following log is from attempts to boot

    I have successfully tftp booted this machine before, I would be wary of
dos gzip. Make sure you check your options and see that they are set for
UNIX line endings if available. If you are trying to boot the install, I
would suggest the nfsnetbsd.ecoff file, as that I have tested here.

    Chris

--
    "I use to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure..."