Subject: Re: Error message on boot
To: Chris Tribo <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu>
From: Charles Redmond <charlie25@my-Deja.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 02/11/2000 17:58:45

>> I would, however the prom version is V5.1b, listed in your web pages as being unable to tftp.. and that's certainly how it broke for me
>> when trying to install on it.. The only reason
>> it has software on it now is that the disk came
>> from the aforementioned dead 5000/200, which would tftp..

>	Try resetting your NVRAM (instructions in the FAQ). As a side note, I
>believe you can swap the PROM chips in the 5000/200 as they are not

I resolved the issue.. It appears it was related to having 1.3.3 on the box. I moved the disk
to a working 5000/200 I have and then after booting 1.3.3 the prom on that computer complained about the RTC issue. Conversely
after moving  a 1.4.1 disk to the 5000/240, it  stopped exhibiting the?RTC problem.
The strange thing is that the only other 1.3.3 box I still have, a 5000/125, does not exhibit this problem.

Thanks for the assistance.

Charles