Subject: Blowup on 1.4P on DS5000/200 asc_intr + gross error
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 02/11/2000 11:56:29
OK, I guess I am bit by the 5000/200 glitch on the asc_intr thing, finally.
I was starting a compile last night and loading up some fresh sources, and
it died with a gross error on 1.4P.  Reloaded 1.4.2A and it worked fine.
Maybe it is a 5000/200 thing.  Drat!  I was rather getting used to 1/4
inch high characters in rcons on the PMAG-C card under 1.4P.  The tiny
print on the PMAG-BA card on the VR297 is.... small.  Anyway.  Is there
any kind of workaround or fix for the 5000/200 machines or should I just
wait until a recent snapshot gets posted and try that?  Any insights into
what is going on and possible fixes are appreciated.

Thanks

Bob

p.s.  I picked up a couple of 5 gig HP 2490A drives, today in surplus.
      Anyone know of any problems using them on DS5000/200 hardware?