Subject: Re: asc_intr: ignoring strange interrupt
To: Andreas Priebe <apriebe@gmx.net>
From: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 02/09/2000 11:51:30
> Jan 29 15:28:33 spade /netbsd: asc_intr: ignoring strange interrupt tc 984 fifo residue 3 script 1

I get the same errors on DS5000/200s with 64M ram and PMAG-BA or PMAG-C.

> They start immediately after boot and the numbers in the message change.
> I those errors down in times of 1.3G and vaguely remeber them to cause data
> loss, so this makes all -current kernels unusable for me - and I would love to
> run IPv6 :-)
> I have a DS5000/200 with a serial console.

I have not had any problems with data loss that I can tell.  Been running
1.4P on them for a month or so.  It seems to occur only on heavy disk I/O,
and not any other I/O.   I don't get the error generally after boots, and
only rarely on normal operation.  It seems to occur when the disks are doing
disk intensive compiles like kernels or gcc or something like that, or large
tarball unrolls.  It seems like a random occurance.

Anyone else know anything.

Thought, for the portmasters consumption...... is it possible to roll
a nightly sys source tarball rather than weekly.  I am having a dastardly
time on the home net (not on the internet) trying to keep things
sufficiently current so as not to get too far out of sync.  A script
to generate a nightly sys tarball, and then the weekly usual tarballs
would be a nice feature..... thinking out loud.

Thanks

Bob