Subject: Re: how to create /dev/console....
To: Peter C. Wallace <pcw@mesanet.com>
From: Lord Isildur <isildur@guild.net>
List: port-pmax
Date: 02/08/2000 15:58:02
peter is right- i should have paid attention to what this fellow's
problem was, not just that he asked how to created /dev/console :-)
the console message that are scrolling by on the console (which is still
where that stuff goes, even if the X server is also playing with bits on
the display), are doing so because /dev/console _does_ exist :-)
Running Xconsole ot redirect those is the right way to solve this.
(personally, i never cared enough, and just let my X displays get scrolled
around.. :)

happy hacking
isildur