Subject: Re: netbooting a 5000/240 with 5.1b PROM :(
To: Ulrich Teichert <ut@netsurf.de>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 02/06/2000 02:33:19
> I managed to bring it up with mopd (after some problems, though).
> What ethernet type is it on? Do you use an tranceiver? SQE *must*
> be switched on on an DECstation, else it will never attempt to get
> an connection.

It's get a twisted-pair transceiver on the AUI port, which was previously
used on another machine so I know it works.

I enabled SQE, but that doesn't seem to have changed the behavior any.

I see a flicker of activity on the MOP server; maybe my /tftpboot/mop
setup needs to be different for the pmax. What did yours look like?

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com