Subject: Re: tape problem (aren't they fun....not).
To: None <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
From: Daniel Senderowicz <daniel@synchrods.synchrods.COM>
List: port-pmax
Date: 02/03/2000 14:28:42
I have all the scsi devices inside a box except for the TK50
that is in a separate container. So between the disk drives I
don't have any more than 15cm between each other of 50 wire
ribbon cable. Between the CPU and the box I have a 1.5 m cable
(DIGITAL brand name) and between the TK50 and the box about 60cm
(also DIGITAL). The terminator is DIGITAL (passive). The
sequence is:

5000/240 ------> SCSI BOX -------> TK50 -------> TERMINATOR

In my case the cables didn't make any difference. I also tried a
different ordering without change. It was definitively the